Patience is a virtue, and it may have been the very first one Rahab exercised. While the fear for her life still lingered in the air, much time had passed from her encounter with the Israelite spies. When would they strike? Would she be remembered? The scarlet cord gave her hope, but would it be enough?
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
- Joshua 2-5
- Matthew 1
- Hebrews 11
- James 2
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- To read up on the Midrash and Aggadah version of events, and some traditional rabbinic tales, follow this link:
- The article I quoted on the damnation of Jericho, and for more on the Ruth – Rahab connection, check out this link!
- For some hard to read but VITAL stats on porn consumption in the church, please read this article:
- NAYC – Power of 20,000 Voices
- Listen 2:30 forward for WOW!
- Now magnify this to MILLIONS of voices and imagine the moment of Jericho’s demise
- Per the Pentecostal Wiki: “The prayer roar that night was 134.2 dBA with 20,000 people, which is just 8 dBA less than the Guinness World Record for the loudest crowd roar with 142.2 dBA at a football game with more than 79,000 people.”