Desperate, outcast, prostitute. Three terms no woman wants to hear, much less earn as titles. But there was a woman who identified as all three, and she refused to let it keep her from becoming a lady of destiny. When God sent an opportunity to her doorstep, she acted with urgency and saved not only herself, but her family, and a very famous lineage. Who was she? Rahab, the heroine harlot.
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
- Joshua 2-5
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- A detailed history on Jericho (this is based on a perspective that the earth has been around a lot longer than most creationists believe)…
- For another perspective on the history of Jericho
- Here is a link to the mock image of Jericho that I showed Hannah during the show:
- For the article I quoted in regards to stalks of flax, please follow this link:
- If you want to be a super-nerd, here’s more info on flax. 😉
- Take a “Drive Through History” in Jericho