Ditched in the dessert? That’s a bit awkward… but that’s exactly where Zipporah found herself after her husband sent her and their two baby boys home. Oi! At least they’ll have a magical reunion after Moses gets outta Egypt… or will they?
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
Digging deeper via the Bible:
- Exodus 2, 4 and 18; Numbers 12
- Top two commentaries:
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- For a great summary on Zipporah’s life, this article is a quick read and first introduced me to the idea of Moses’ keeping away from Zipporah for religious reasons.
- On the Tomb of Patriarchs and Matriarchs
- I don’t like WikiPedia for intel, but you can go there to see some interior images of the Tomb of Matriarchs.
- Watch the Prince of Egypt
- Or enjoy its incredible soundtrack (as I very much so did during the many hours of researching fun!)