Jesus’ followers fell silent, dispersed among the crowd of His violent rejection. Would no one speak up in His defense? To the shock of the world, someone did. Someone with everything to lose and nothing to gain – the Wife of Pontius Pilate.
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
Digging deeper via the Bible:
- Matthew 27:19
- The only Scripture fragment that records her story.
- Jesus’ Trial is recorded in Matthew 27, Mark 15, Luke 23, and John 19
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- This was an interesting dive into the speculative theories surrounding Claudia Procula in the Catholic Orthodox traditions.
- Claudia’s letter to Fulvia can be read here:
- Here’s a great article detailing why we don’t trust the Gospel of Nicodemus, even though it provides an interesting perspective on the trial of Jesus.
- If you’re a curious cat like me, you can read the Gospel of Nicodemus text here:
- I ten-out-of-ten recommend the Passion of the Christ soundtrack, which was the perfect background music to my intense study sessions on the wife of Pontius Pilate!
- While you’re at it, I also highly recommend the movie. But. Prepare yourself. It wrecks me every time, and greatly reaffirms my deep appreciation for Jesus’ sacrifice.