Crowned the Queen of Queens of the mighty Persian Empire, things are looking up for Esther. And they stay that way for five wonderful years, until one day, a wrath consumes an ancient enemy that puts the entire Israelite nation in peril. Welcome to part 2 of the life of Esther, the blood thirsty Queen of Persia. Tune in for more!
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
- Esther 4
- 1 Samuel 15
- Isaiah 58
- Psalm 22
- Acts 1
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- For a somewhat lengthy, but interesting, read on casting lots:
- For the most Biblically accurate movie I’ve seen to date (though still not really driving home the rape aspect of things):
- For the cute Veggie Tales rendition of her tale:
- There’s also this Hollywood take on her story, and is the favorite of a lot of my friends, but the inaccuracies make me FRUSTRATED. I’ve watched it a handful of times, and always end up raging at the screen.
- There are also a gazillion fictional books written about her – no specifics to recommend, but they’re all fun reads. Just google “Esther” or “Hadassah” and you’ll have a lengthy list.