Beauty and brains, this woman has it all — thankfully so! Soon after a foolish man makes a hasty decision, she finds herself laying at the feet of a dangerous outlaw, and using both wit and fluttering lashes to save her household. Who is she? Abigail, the Chosen Wife of David.
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
Digging deeper via the Bible:
- 1 Samuel 25, 27, 30; 2 Samuel 2-3; 1 Chronicles 3:1
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- For an easy read summary of the David-Abigail cute meet, with that negative “it’s on purpose – she lusts for him!” spin, read this:
- This article is a great read on the submission of Abigail to God first, husband second.
- And a bonus article that just gave me good vibes while digging into her story:
- Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack – is David Raul or the Phantom? Hard to tell sometimes…