Before her stood certain death, behind her a menacing man pushing her to move forward. One beating, two beatings, three… Once known for her regal air, she now stood ragged and desperate for escape. She would be pushed around no longer – it was time to speak up. Who was she? Balaam’s Donkey.
Have questions, thoughts, or testimonies you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you! Please email me at RachAllene@gmail.com or send me a DM on Instagram @MsRachAllene / @WickedorWise.
Favorite Sources + Recommended Reading
- Numbers 22-24
- Deuteronomy 17
- Judges 5, 16
- Isaiah 32
- Job 39
- 2 Peter 2:15-16
- Jude 1:11
Outside refers to “outside of Scripture” and does not necessarily advise of any Christian/non-Christian bias in the source.
- For some interesting reading on donkeys…
- Here is the article I quoted regarding God’s concern for the donkey:
- And here is the article quoted regarding God speaking through her:
- For pics and more info on the Jordanian Balaam inscription, check this out:
- Because this song is utterly ridiculous and deserves a thousand listens — hee-haw hee-haw!